Phillip Island, the self-styled home of Australian motor sport, is steeped in motor racing tradition, with the first car races having been held there on public roads in the 1920s. The first motorcycle races took place in 1931 and a permanent track was built in 1956. The Philip Island circuit is blessed with breathtaking scenery and beautiful ocean views and, as one of the fastest, most fluid, tracks on the calendar, it continues to provide some of the most spectacular racing in the MotoGP season. Don't miss your chance to be there for all the MotoGP action this October!
In 2019 we are again offering two different packages, one with accommodation in Melbourne and the other with San Remo accommodation. Melbourne City is approximately 90 minutes from the Phillip Island track, while San Remo is only around 15 minutes.
San Remo Package
24 - 29 Oct
The Australian MotoGP is a must-see event for any motorbike fan, rated as one of the toughest tracks on the MotoGP circuit, spectators are guaranteed an exciting 3 days of action. Phillip Island is approximately 140km from Melbourne City and if you would prefer not to make that journey twice a day over the 3 days of racing, then we have a package that will suit you, with accommodation at San Remo, nice and close to the Phillip Island track and at the 4.5-Star Silverwater Resort, which is pure luxury! But, be warned these packages are limited and will sell quickly!
- Return Air New Zealand ‘The Works’ airfares departing AKL/WLG/CHC (regional connections available) on Thursday 24th October and returning on Tuesday 29th October
- Return airport to accommodation transfers
- 4 night’s accommodation at the 4.5-Star Silverwater Resort
- Daily cooked breakfasts
- Dinner on the Friday and Sunday nights
- Daily return accommodation to Phillip Island MotoGP track transfers
- 3-Day General Admission passes to the 2019 MotoGP at Phillip Island
- 1 night's accommodation at the 4-Star Mantra on Little Bourke
- Cover More Travel Insurance
Plus there is the option to upgrade to grandstand tickets or corporate hospitality, upgrade your accommodation, stay a few nights in Melbourne or add on sightseeing options. Just let us know what you’re after and we can sort it!
For this package you are looking at $3,350 per person, based on twin/double share. Prices can vary depending on numbers, departure city and optional extras, as always you can personalise this package to suit.
Stay an extra night or two in Melbourne
If you would like to stay a few nights in Melbourne, either before, or after the MotoGP, then that’s not a problem and we can arrange extra nights at the 4-Star Mantra on Little Bourke Hotel in the city.
Starting from an extra $160 per person, per night
Upgrade your MotoGP tickets
For a better view and a reserved seat for the whole three days you can upgrade to grandstand seating, options are;
- Lukey Heights - Extra $180 per person
- Gardner Straight - Extra $220 per person
- Bass Straight - Extra $230 per person
- Siberia South - Extra $270 per person
- 3 Corner Package – Extra $270 per person (a different grandstand each day, choose between the Gardner Straight, Bass Straight and Lukey Heights for the Friday, Saturday and Sunday)
- Gardner Straight Premium - Extra $320 per person (covered grandstand)
- Stoner Pavilion – Extra $460 per person (covered grandstand)
- Doohan Pavilion – Extra $460 per person (covered grandstand)
Upgrade to Corporate Hospitality
Why not splash out a go with a corporate hospitality package for the MotoGP, this is an all inclusive food and beverage package as well as great grandstand seats and other benefits. Talk to us about which of our six VIP Corporate Hospitality options we have would suit you best.
Starting from an extra $1,200 per person
What You Need To Know
While our package pricing is for flights departing from Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch, let us know if you would prefer to fly out of a different airport and we can cater the quote to suit you. The NZ$25 Departure Tax fee is included in the cost of your airfares. Boys Trip has established an excellent partnership with Air New Zealand and they are our Preferred carrier for all our packages. Your package includes Air New Zealand’s ‘The Works’ fares, which include 23kg of checked baggage, 7kg of carry-on luggage, seat requests and in flight meals and drinks. If you would prefer one of their other fare types, ‘Seat Only’ (no check in baggage, no meals), ‘Seat and Bag’ (no meals), Premium Economy or Business Class, just let us know.
- 1-Bedroom Apartment (King bed or two single beds)
- 2-Bedroom Apartment (Queen bed & two single beds or Queen bed & King bed)
- 3-Bedroom Apartment (Queen bed & two King beds or Queen bed, King bed & two single beds or Queen bed & four single beds)
Our packages include 3-Day General Admission tickets to the 2019 Australian MotoGP, however, we do offer the option to upgrade to 3-Day Grandstand or VIP Corporate Hospitality tickets.
Included in the package are transfers from Melbourne Airport to the Silverwater Resort in San Remo on the 24th October, from the Silverwater Resort to the Mantra on Little Bourke Hotel on the 28th and from the Mantra on Little Bourke Hotel to Melbourne Airport on the 29th October. Also included are daily return track transfers from the Silverwater Resort to the MotoGP track.
We include Cover More Essentials Travel Insurance with our packages. If you already have made arrangements for travel insurance, let us know. If you wish to know more about our Cover More Travel Insurance, let us know and we can e-mail you a brochure.
We do have some flexibility with travel dates and package inclusions, so if something doesn’t quite suit you, let us know and we can try to cater the package to suit your personal requirements.
For all bookings we require a 50% deposit to secure your package and the remaining 50% six weeks prior to departure. For bookings within six weeks of departure, full payment would be required to secure this package. For all our terms and conditions, check out http://boys-trip.co.nz/terms